At the top of the Video homepage are the video menus
- Videos Home
- Add Videos
- Upload Videos
- Featured Videos
- All Videos
Under the menus is a randomly generated list of videos followed by a listing of videos that can be sorted in any number of ways including:
- Most Viewed
- Highest Rated
Latest - all videos are ordered by newest first to oldest
Most Viewed - all videos are ordered by most watched to least watched
Highest Rated - all videos, that have been rated, are listed from highest rating to lowest rating
Featured - all videos that have been set as featured videos are listed
Categories - all categories are displayed, upon clicking on a particular category the user will be presented with the payer interface with the videos for the slected categroy list on the right column. Simply select a video from the right hand list and watch in the video player interface.
Add Videos page will let you add YouTube videos to the Educated Angler video library.
Find the desired YouTube video that you'd like to add, from the YouTube player you'll see two fields, URl and Embed, select the URL field and copy the entire link into the Input Link of the Add Videos page. Once you have pasted the link click the Apply button.
Once you have applied the link you'll be presented with a screen that has extracted all of the YouTube information for the video - feel free to modify any of the information including
- add search tags that might make it easier to find when people enter
searches, for example) king salmon, sturgeon bay, playinhooky
- Category -select the appropriate category for the video
- Publish Status - Make sure to set this to yes if you want the video to be seen
Once you've changed things to your liking, and clicked publish, click the Save button and it will be categorized and added to the video library.
Registered members can upload their own videos directly to Educated Anglers, accepted formats are
- FLV - Flash video
- MPG - MPEG video
- WMV - Windows Media
- AVI - Audio Video Interleave - typically a windows-type video
- MP3 - Audio
- SWF - Flash animations
1. Click the Browse button and find the media file you'd like to upload to the Educated Angler video homepage, once you've found the file either double click the name in the browse file interface or click it once and click the open button.
2. If you have a thumbnail image for the video, click the Browse button and locate your file, once you've found the file either double click the name in the browse file interface or click it once and click the open button. If you don't have a thumbnail - click the I don't have a thumbnail to upload for my video check box.
Click the Upload and go to next step button
Video Restrictions - Must be one of the file formats listed above and cannot be large then 50 MB.
Keep in mind this make take some serious time depending on the size of your file, the speed of your internet connection, and the current traffic load on Educated Angler Bottom line is BE PATIENT.
When the file has completed uploading you will have an opportunity to give the video a title, description, tags, and select a category for the file. Once you ave completed and submitted the information the video file will be published, put in the proper category, and added to all of the lists as appropriate.