- Sportfishing Industry Applauds EPA’s Decision to Reject Lead Ban Petition
- British Columbia Sees Largest Salmon Run In A Century
- Grand Haven to launch second phase of municipal marina improvements
- Commercial, sport anglers spar over Lake Michigan trap net fishing
- DNRE Proposes 73 More Miles of Gear-Restricted Trout Streams
- A lot of work ahead in Michigan oil cleanup
- Gov. Jennifer Granholm blasts effort to clean up Kalamazoo River
- Michigan Governor Warns of Oil Spill Threat
- Crews Scramble To Contain Michigan Oil Spill
- Michael Bachus identified as man killed in Manistee County charter boat crash
|Evil American minnow discovered in Ontario inland lakes|
|Written by Sault Ste. Marie News|
|Tuesday, 24 January 2006 12:16|
Ontarians should be vigilant and help to protect the province's lakes and rivers from invasive species, Natural Resources Minister David Ramsay said today.
"Invasive species are a very real environmental and economic threat to the Great Lakes, inland lakes and rivers," said Ramsay. "The public has a key role to play in protecting our natural environment, and recreational and commercial fisheries from these species."
You need to login or register to post comments.