- Sportfishing Industry Applauds EPA’s Decision to Reject Lead Ban Petition
- British Columbia Sees Largest Salmon Run In A Century
- Grand Haven to launch second phase of municipal marina improvements
- Commercial, sport anglers spar over Lake Michigan trap net fishing
- DNRE Proposes 73 More Miles of Gear-Restricted Trout Streams
- A lot of work ahead in Michigan oil cleanup
- Gov. Jennifer Granholm blasts effort to clean up Kalamazoo River
- Michigan Governor Warns of Oil Spill Threat
- Crews Scramble To Contain Michigan Oil Spill
- Michael Bachus identified as man killed in Manistee County charter boat crash
|Body Found off of Grand Haven Pier|
|Written by WZZM-13|
|Saturday, 03 December 2005 09:25|
The search for a man who fell off a Grand Haven pier ended Saturday afternoon. Divers found the body of 35-year-old Randall Earl Evans just before one in the afternoon.Evans lived in Salt Lake City, Utah, but grew up in Grand Haven and was home visiting family.
Authorities say Evans was walking with his father around 2pm Friday taking photos of the waves when he slipped on ice and fell into the lake.
The victim's father did try to rescue the man with the life rings on the pier. The man struggled but could not grab onto it. He went under quickly.
Divers searched for nearly five hours Saturday before finding Evans' body near the end of the pier.
You need to login or register to post comments.